Marc S. Weinstein, M.D.
Board-certified Diagnostic Radiologist
Marc S. Weinstein, M.D., serves as the supervising diagnostic radiologist at Steward Health Care Center for Sports Medicine & Community Health. Certified by the American Board of Radiology, Dr. Weinstein has more than 17 years of experience in orthopedic, spine and body imaging. Using the latest techniques and advancements in magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computerized tomography (CT), ultrasound and X-ray, Dr. Weinstein offers in-depth, accurate radiographic evaluations and diagnoses for a wide range of disorders and injuries. In addition, he specializes in the interpretation of cross sectional musculoskeletal and spine imaging studies and procedures. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Joint, spine and neck imaging
- Musculoskeletal (MSK) imaging for bone and joint abnormalities, including orthopedic, rheumatologic, and traumatic conditions
- Arthrograms for soft tissue structure examination after injection of a contrast medium (i.e., tendons, ligaments, muscles, cartilage, and joint capsules)
Dr. Weinstein’s Educational Background:
- Undergraduate degree: State University of New York at Binghamton
- Medical degree: Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts
- Internship: Internal Medicine, Mount Auburn Hospital (a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School), Cambridge
- Residency: Diagnostic Radiology, Beth Israel Medical Center, New York
- Fellowship: Musculoskeletal Radiology, Hospital for Special Surgery (affiliated with New York-Presbyterian Healthcare System), New York
In addition to expertise and access to the Valley’s most advanced diagnostic imaging equipment, what truly sets Dr. Weinstein and Steward Health Care Center for Sports Medicine & Community Health apart from the rest is the exceptional level of patient and provider service provided.
Steadfast Commitment to End User Imaging
More than just supplying digital images, the experienced and knowledgeable team lead by Dr. Weinstein drives clinical performance by delivering accurate, high-resolution images customized to meet the specific preferences of the referring provider. In fact, Dr. Weinstein demands that the team attain the highest-quality images possible at minimal discomfort and inconvenience for patients. And, as a dedicated partner to referring physicians, Dr. Weinstein welcomes consultations and makes himself as available as possible to answer any questions in real-time.
Laser-like Focus on Patient-Centric Care
At Steward Health Care Center for Sports Medicine & Community Health, patient comfort is one of our biggest priorities. Using the latest technologies, we support first-time-right imaging results, which reduces each patient’s examination time and lessens the need to retake images.
A lot of attention is also placed on creating a comforting, soothing and stress-relieving environment for patients. That’s why the clinic offers the Ambient Experience from Philips Healthcare, incorporating patient-chosen lighting, projection and sound options to help relax patients and ease potential anxiety. Special accommodations are provided patients with unique concerns, such as claustrophobia (fear of confined places). During exams, patients are offered …
- Equipment that offers more room to maximize comfort — no matter a person’s height or weight
- Advanced sound system and headphones so they can listen to preferred sounds or music
- Custom lighting concepts to promote relaxation
- Blankets for added comfort
- An accompanying guest to ease anxiety and provided added comfort
What’s more, the radiologic team guides each patient through each exam, making sure patients are comfortable and well informed — from beginning to end. The team is also available to work around a patient’s schedule requirements.
A physician referral is required for all imaging procedures. If you need a referring physician, please view Providers.